To improve the internet range in the house, users can buy Netgear Extender, but buying alone will not solve the problem because they will have to perform Netgear Wi-Fi Extender Setup. Follow the simple steps mentioned below: –
- Make sure your extender is plugged in then you’ll see the power LED lights, Check the power on/off button.
- Using the extender's Wi-Fi network, Connect it to your device. Its default Wi-Fi's name is Netgear and security is without a password.
- Then open any browser and search Netgear Ext. After this, the page will appear to you.
- Look for ‘New Extender Setup’.
- Then you’ll be asked to set up the password. Prefer both saving the default User Name as admin and password.
- After that, you have to select two security questions at bottom menus which are used as verification when you forget your password.
- Look for the ‘Next’ option, your extender may demand to use the NETGEAR Genie to help. You may go ahead by clicking Continue.
- Then choose Radio Buttons of network's 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi network names (SSID).
- Type your current password and press ‘next’.
- Choose your password and SSIDs. The password is usually the same as your current network.
- Look for the ‘Next’ option, after a few minutes your settings will be saved.
- Go to any device; connect it to the extender's new network.
Open your web browser and click on the checkbox at the bottom of the page. Click ‘continue’. Now, the range of your current network is extended.